Here is a description of the book:Craft, Inc. is the hipster business primer for entrepreneurial crafters to turn what they do for fun into what they do for money. Pro crafter Meg Mateo Ilasco offers a step-by-step guide to everything from developing products and naming the company to writing a business plan, applying for licenses, and paying taxes. Chapters on sales, marketing, trade shows, and publicity round out the mix. Plus, in-depth interviews with such craft luminaries as Jonathan Adler, Lotta Jansdotter, Denyse Schmidt, and Jill Bliss provide inspiration and practical advice. Accessible, informative, and more than a little spunky, Craft, Inc. paves the way for today's creative minds to become tomorrow's trendsetters.

This past weekend, I went into a local stationary shop, Paper Suitcase, (my younger sister used to work there) to get some things, and specifically to talk to the owner, Kelly. She has been really helpful to me in the past, about where to buy paper, etc. --hey, she even hinted at me becoming partner with her!! --whoa!! Lets back the train up a bit... 1. I am not ready for that step. 2. I don't think I want to own a stationary shop. But, it was very flattering, all the same. Anyways, I asked her some things, and she again was so helpful, telling me her vender's of where she buys paper, how much I should charge my future clients, which paper is good for certain things... It was a bit overwhelming, but, if I just take one day at a time, and one task at a time, I think I will be okay.
[Picture provided by Oh Joy]

2 comments:
It's always inspiring to see people turn a passion into a business! Best of luck in your endeavor!
That sounds like the perfect resource, right up your alley! I can't wait to see where God leads you in your gifting.
Don't you just love Kelly?!? She helped me spruce up my wedding invitations and all I bought from her was velum and ribbon. But she sat and played with them, showed me different options, and cut all the velum and ribbon to the size I needed- I love that she is willing to share her gifts with everyone.
Post a Comment