Ah, Paris. Such a huge city, with plenty to see. I was excited to walk the streets again, this time with the hubs... but nervous of the language barrier.. I barely know French. We rented a small studio apartment, which worked out perfectly. At first, it was a bit tricky. The lady only spoke French and Spanish, so Jason talked to her on the phone in Spanish. I knew he was nervous, he is very modest in his Spanish speaking abilities, but I think he is 90% fluent. He did great, and we finally got to meet her outside the building... I am still going through lots of pictures, and messing around with them. The one above was taken on the first day we got there, after we unloaded in the apartment, on top of the world!! --Well, the Eiffel Tower. Jason said, "Let's go! Let's go to the Eiffel Tower!", so that was the first thing we did in Paris, then ate at this too expensive but very tasty Italian place, right near it. MMMM. I will post more pictures later...
5.28.2009
paris
Ah, Paris. Such a huge city, with plenty to see. I was excited to walk the streets again, this time with the hubs... but nervous of the language barrier.. I barely know French. We rented a small studio apartment, which worked out perfectly. At first, it was a bit tricky. The lady only spoke French and Spanish, so Jason talked to her on the phone in Spanish. I knew he was nervous, he is very modest in his Spanish speaking abilities, but I think he is 90% fluent. He did great, and we finally got to meet her outside the building... I am still going through lots of pictures, and messing around with them. The one above was taken on the first day we got there, after we unloaded in the apartment, on top of the world!! --Well, the Eiffel Tower. Jason said, "Let's go! Let's go to the Eiffel Tower!", so that was the first thing we did in Paris, then ate at this too expensive but very tasty Italian place, right near it. MMMM. I will post more pictures later...
Labels:
home + life,
travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The first place you ate in Paris was an Italian place? What a waste! Yummmmmmmmy bistro food. I am so jealous.
can't wait to see more pics!
Post a Comment