1.08.2012

BABY MONDAY: 25 weeks + scotland update

25 weeks and feeling like I look bigger than I am.  We will just blame it on the yummy PF Changs we had for lunch.  :)  I feel like this pregnancy I have more energy.  Or maybe it's because I don't have time to be lazy and lounge with Noah and everyday house keep and packing.  And I am also doing better this time in the weight department!  (Yeah!)  But that also probably has something to do with the before mentioned more energy, and I am always on the go.  I have never been one for crazy cravings, but this time around I am loving soda.  Every meal I just NEED a soda with it!  I really have to force myself to drink water!  'Baby A' is starting to kick a lot and it is getting me excited to meet him!  I can't wait to see if he and Noah will look alike, and what their differences will be.  It's gonna be fun!
The past 2 weeks seem to be a turning point in our move to Scotland.  After I wrote about me being nervous about having a baby over there, we went and had dinner with a couple who lived there (and also gave birth) and I got a nice email from a reader who gave me some great information about the medical system there.  I am feeling much better about what to expect, and the process.  Thank you!  This week our house went under contract to be sold!  Please pray everything works out in that area.  We had a HUGE garage sale this past weekend, and it was a great success.  We sold almost everything!  Just a little pile now to be donated.  But before the sale, we sold a lot to many of our friends.  That is a nice feeling, knowing where some of our things are going and knowing they will be loved.  I barely had a chance to sit and rest, because friends were calling to come over to 'shop'.  It's a good thing!  It feels good to purge and get rid of things that we don't use, don't want, don't need.  Our house is pretty messy, with me trying to sort things to sell, things to store, and things to bring to Scotland.  I thought about cleaning off the shelves behind me in this picture, but it is what it is.  This is life right now.  Piles of stuff everywhere.  Our next step is to sell the house (hopefully!) and move to a furnished apartment for a few weeks until we move.  Still no definite date, but they are saying the middle of February, but hopefully at the beginning of February.  The freight people are coming this week to estimate/measure/weigh the items we want to bring with us.  When I heard Jason make this appointment I was emotional.  Wow.  Now it is getting very real!  My emotions are still very mixed about the move.  I sometimes feel like I need to feel sad, or I am supposed to feel sad about moving, and this is holding me back from being super excited.  Something I am working on.  I know we are gonna have a great experience that many never get to have!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

I absolutely DO NOT want you to feel sad about moving!! I WANT you to be excited! It is exciting! Plus it will make me feel a lot better if I know you are looking forward to the move. :)

Traci said...

You look fantastic! And we'll be praying for your house and move...it's such a huge deal!

Amanda Jane Jones said...

how adorable. and how exciting about your move! I've never been to Europe. I hope to one day. :)