4.02.2015

spring brings new projects

Since Logan has been born, (7 months ago!) I have been taking it easy with everything.  (And rightfully so!)  That includes house duties, and creative projects.  Now that Logan is napping for longer periods, if I don't fall asleep on the couch, I have some time to work on some projects on my make list, between loads of laundry and dishes.  (Will my laundry basket ever be empty?!  It seems to never all be done.)  
*I made the big boys some new bowties for Easter, out of my Liberty fabric I had been saving, in case I have a girl.  (wah, wah....)  I figure that's not going to happen, so I put it to good use, and I think this green color is perfect for this Sunday!  I used Jessica's tutorial,  here.  
*I added Logan's profile silhouette to our entrance wall.  To think when I bought all three of these frames, (IKEA) I only had Noah.  I knew one day I would use them all together for our children!  Noah was 2.5 in his, Asher maybe 8 months, Logan, just shy of 7 months.  They will all be updated again one day, but I just love Asher and Logan's messy hair!
   The easiest way to make a profile silhouette is to take a profile photo, print it out from the computer the size you want, trace the profile with a pencil (makes it easier to follow a line when cutting), then, while on top of the paper you want to be the silhouette, cut out the profile photo.  Done!
*I've had this white bud vase for years, and it had found its way into our storage cabinet, for things we don't really use, but maybe will need in the future.  I have seen a vase with this color combo, and although it is very valentines-y, I love it.  Pale pink on top, 'ketchup' red on the bottom, with flecks of brown paint spattered on it with a tooth brush.  Now it sits on my dresser, and makes me happy when I see it!
I've got more projects I want to work on, including a big one I've been putting off for years, a quilt!  I started an inspiration board for it.  I am giving myself till the end of the year to at least start it.

H A P P Y   C R A F T I N G !

1 comment:

Sian said...

Lovely projects! Those bow ties are very cute. I feel kind of sad I'll never have a boy by the way. my favourite are the silouettes though, I'm going to try that!