6.29.2011

look at this awesomeness

When I think of something I want to make, I have to start on it as soon as possible, or I think I may go crazy thinking and rethinking.  I wanted to make some streamers, and ta da!!  You could use ribbon, but I chose fabric, cut into fabric strips, and looped onto twine.  I did it in maybe 30 minutes.  It will look great hanging in a doorway.  And, in a pinch, it could be a skirt.  ;)  Or not.

23 comments:

Melanie said...

Will you make me some? For real.

Unknown said...

I love them! So much in fact, I just had to re-post.

casey said...

:) so glad you all like them! They were fun to make... Melanie, if you are serious, email me!! ;)

Moore Minutes said...

I'm a new follower to you blog and I'm so excited to find you! Every photo here is so beautiful and inspiring. This garland is gorgeous! Love the colors.

Ann said...

This is a really beautiful project! Can't wait to find a way to adapt it into my life. Just discovered your blog, and I love it!

Thursday Girls said...

We LOVE this!!! We're big fans of your blog. Keep up the awesome work! :)
xo, ThursdayNightDinner.org

Kristi said...

This is adorable! Love your creativity!

Melissa {AllSewnUp} said...

would also me a great hula skirt, lol Very pretty!

Anastasia Marie said...

Love this! So glad to have found you and your blog!

evie s. said...

Wonderful and so colorful! Love it!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking to make these for my wedding in blush, floral, vintage colors. Any recommendations on where to buy?

BayB153 said...

How did you "loop" and tie them? I am going to make these for my wedding! Thanks!

casey said...

I would definitely look at jo anns, and etsy and vintage shops for vintage sheets/fabrics!

@BayB153 - just fold your long fabric strip in half, loop over the twine/string, and pull the ends of the fabric through the loop tight. done!

Anonymous said...

What type of fabric did you use? I was at the store and they showed me interlock but that looked a bit too cotton shirt-ish :)

Thanks!

casey said...

I just used regular cotton fabric from jo-anns and hobby lobby. Nothing fancy!

Anonymous said...

How long and wide were the strips?

Anonymous said...

This is great! Really hoping to try this out as decoration for my wedding... It looks like you ripped the fabric, is that correct? I love the unfinished edges...

casey said...

I actually cut them with scissors and they naturally just frayed!

Anonymous said...

They're perfect!! About how long would you say each strip is?? I'm so clueless when it comes to this stuff. If I were to go to the fabric store i'm wondering how many yards of each color to get, for one about the size you did?
Thanks for this, love your site!!

casey said...

I believe each color I bought half a yard... Then cut long ways. About an inch thick. I eyeballed it. You can fold the fabric so it takes less time to cut. They may be about a foot and a half long...

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Can you please tell me about how many strips you used to make this? Thanks!

casey said...

I'm not sure how many strips I used. I never counted. Just made a good amount that looked good. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

can you email me directions on how to do this? i am looking all over your blog and dont see any ;/ thanks
styo808@yahoo.com