7.06.2011

get your craft on: invite

I mentioned that my friend and I are throwing a party soon.  This past Sunday we finally got to pass out the invitations to a craft party we are hosting, and we were super excited.  Catherine and I share a love of unique invites, so we knew we had to step it up for this party, seeing as it was a craft party.  Together, we designed these spool invitations.  We got some inspiration from Danyelle, of Dandee Designs, who made those great yarn tickets for her Project: Craft event.  With a little circle that stated, 'tug', friends pulled and pulled the yarn as it unwound to find the invitation at the end.  We put it in a custom stamped little bag to finish it off.  I love it.  We are so happy with how it turned out!!
details: wooden spools found online, small bags, Etsy, yarn, Michael's, invitation and 'tug' tag printed by me, 'your invited' stamp, custom made by me.

17 comments:

celeste said...

brilliant! wish i was invited! :)

Traci said...

Casey you are a genius!!! LOVE it! And the photos are stunning as always.

By the way, thanks for your well wishes for my husband. It's been amazing how many people know someone that this has happened to. I'm so thankful that he's alright...and that your MIL is too.

Jamie @ charmingly ordinary said...

So clever! And I bet this will be quite a party! :)

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

Found you via Creature Comforts - Your blog is so great & happy! Love finding creative ladies :)

Jana said...

So clever...adore these invites!
xo Jana

amanda jane said...

i love this. such a good idea...and beautiful images as well.

Lillian C said...

How fun! That is such a brilliant idea for an invitation! :) I bet all your friends would LOVE to go to the party after such a genius invite as this!! :) Love, love, love!!

The Veda House said...

What a great idea! Why didn't I think of this? haha

Thanks for the inspiration!

Cathy Pascual said...

love this idea! Just found your blog :) If I ever host a crafternoon, these will be my invites!

Iveth Morales said...

How gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Love this! A friend and I are putting together a series of monthly women's art nights in the Fall... this would be a wonderful "get psyched" surprise before we begin. What a lovely blog. Thanks!

Tobias said...

Thanks for this great idea and the nice photo setups! good luck!

Anna said...

such a great idea.. the party and the invitation :)

lisa (sugarlily cookie) said...

I adore these invitations! I have been wanting to do a ladies craft night and these would be wonderful. I also read dandee daily and now i'll be reading your blog every day too. Will you be showing us pics of the craft night? Would love to see them! Love your sweet blog!

casey said...

hi lisa! thank you for your sweet comment! yes, i will definitely be sharing photos of the party. in a couple of weeks!

Felicity said...

How brilliant!

I have a special girlfriend about to celebrate a birthday and I'm going to make one of these....with a twist.

Because she lives a long way away and I won't be able to see her on her actual day I fancy the idea of measuring the wool to match the length of my armspan and making it into a hug to send.

Happy day!

xx felicity

PS: This was a great introduction to your wonderful space, I'm off to explore a little more now....

Jen M said...

Hi my name is Jen, I will be having a Craft Night for a few of us Air Force wives and I would really like to use your wonderful invitation idea. I wanted to know if you would be able to email me the instructions on how you made them, I know the pictures are pretty much self explanatory but I would like details such as where you bought the wooden spools, and what size they are, and the printing of the cute picture of the scissors and what size and type of font you used, as well as info about the little bags and stamp used. My email is: nefagurl@aol.com I hope to hear from you soon and thank you for your time. =]