We celebrated Noah turning two this past weekend. It was a lot of fun! The weather turned warm and humid for Saturday, (and was cold on Sunday!) so we were able to have a comfortable outside party at the end of December. Texas weather! Sometimes you love it, sometimes you hate it. For his second birthday, we had a festive transportation theme, complete with a little wooden cake topper, car and bus cut outs (inspired by Orla Kiely and Dwell Studio) and some cardboard cars and airplanes. (Which QUICKLY got destroyed after we took some pictures) There also seemed to be a stripe theme too which I didn't plan. What can I say, I love stripes! I also made a little pom pom for the top of Noah's birthday hat. It was super easy to make! For the cake, I finally got to try making a rainbow cake, although I attempted a gradient green. I liked the 4 greens I did a lot more when they were in the batter stage. Once cooked, it looked like I made 2 layers of 2 colors. Oh well! It was pretty all icing-ed up and was yummy to eat. Noah loved the sparkle candle too!! It was such a fun afternoon with friends and family! We'll have to do it again! (next year!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














10 comments:
simply adorable!
Happy Birthday little dude! I want a cardboard truck! I made a cardboard train for a school production last year and had a good old romp around the playground in it. My 15 year old students didn't know whether to laugh at me or join in!
PS I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're keen :)
So sweet! Happy 2 years!
This turned out so great! i love the hanging cars/busses and the FABRIC - I'm a yellow stripe girl and I used it for my son's birthday when he turned 2 in December. We had similar thoughts on the cake as well except I didn't make mine {too little time} haha. Wonderful job on this!
what a lovely party and i can totally tell the different shades of green of the cake! my boy is turning 3 next month and your party is very inspiring! thank you!
joanna
www.candlelight.hk/blog
ahh! super cute little party! excited for this one day.
In LOVE with this party. Such a fun mix of colors and such pretty photos!
Bravo! You really did an amazing job!
photos look great! could I ask you what preset you used for the pictures.
thanks
anonymous - not sure what you mean by preset. i have a nikon d80. with a 30mm lense, and edited them in photoshop. hope that helps!
Post a Comment