5.28.2009

souvenirs

Jason and I only packed big backpacks for our trip across the pond.  We did this for a couple of reasons -- so we wouldn't be lugging a bunch of stuff through cities and metro's, and to keep our wardrobe simple, and to not have any room to bring back a bunch of stuff that we don't need, or in a couple of months, care for.  :)  BUT -- I did get a few things.  So, me, being the smart one, didn't pack a watch for our trip.  No watch!!  I was panicking, because, how are we going to know when to leave for the airport, or meet up with Holly, or what time our trains leave?!  I started carrying my battery operated alarm clock with us, which was a bit bulky, but it got the job done.  While we were in London, walking around with Holly, we came across the store MUJI, which I had totally forgotten all about, but when I saw it, I said "WAIT!  We HAVE to go in!!"  (What a great store, kind of like The Container Store, but better) There, I picked up a watch, and two cities in a bag: London and Paris.  I love them!  I have been wanting the Paris one for awhile, so getting both was a treat, and the perfect souvenirs.  --Is that spelled right?  Doesn't look like it...  So, that is all I bought for myself, I picked up some things for my siblings, and our parents too, but can't say what, since I haven't given them all out yet.

3 comments:

RLMEnglish said...

Those are perfect souvenirs (yes, you have it correct, no worries)! I would never have thought of something so simple. Love it. Glad you enjoyed your simple trip! : )

Michelle said...

your photos from your trip are so beautiful! i love the "cities in a bag". have you seen "new york in a bag" from the MOMA store? i just purchased that one not long ago.

wendy said...

oh what a fun trip! i love muji! the cities in a bag -- so perfect.